FIELD WORK IN KASHMIR, INDIA - PART I: TRONDHEIM - KATHMANDU

We (Sharmila and I) left Trondhiem at 11:10 AM on 1st July 2011. Sharmila was so excited to meet her family after one year in abroad. The route of our flight was: Trondheim – Stockholm – Doha – Kathmandu. I chose this route because this is one of the best route after Qatar airways started its flight from Stockholm. We had nearly 4 hours transit in Stockhom and one hour 45 minutes in Doha. Because of delay of flight from Stockholm to Doha, we had shorter transit in Doha. In spite of that, we managed to catch the flight for Nepal. We planned to buy things at Doha airport but could not. After nearly four and half hours flight, we safely landed Kathmandu at 08:30 AM. After we came out from the airport bus, we met Amuna, sister of Sharmila’s friend at the airport. She is working at Jet Airways. It took nearly one hour to complete all the custom procedures and we came out at 09:30 AM. Sharmila’s brother and few others were already at the airport waiting for us. We reached Sharmila’s home at nearly 11:00 AM. It was a long journey so, we were tired but I have to go to Dehaurali Travels, Sundhara to collect ticket for Dhangadi. This is because; I had an agreement with Balaram ji who is working at Dehaurali Travels that I will collect ticket by 14:00 on 2nd July. I made this agreement from Trondheim over phone. If I did not pick up ticket by that time, the ticket will be cancelled. I reached on time and collected the ticket but unfortunately, I could not meet Balaram bhai who was in Chitwan since three days for a trip. According to the schedule, we have to leave for Dhangadi on 4th of July 2011. 

The next day, I was out to Kathmandu for buying things for a trip to Kashmir.

No comments: